The SlugSites service is to provide any UC Santa Cruz affiliate (faculty, staff, and students) an easy-to-use web publishing tool to create a personal website.
WordPress is a website management system that allows you to create websites with very little technical or design expertise. It comes with many themes and plugins, a relatively easy-to-learn editing environment, and a host of tools to make your website look great.
The SlugSites service is available to all faculty, staff, and students. The service is NOT intended for administrative or research sites websites.
If you are a Faculty, Researcher or Graduate Student and want to highlight your professional, research or other scholarly activities, please consider using our Faculty WordPress service https://sites.ucsc.edu. That service allows you to have personalized URLs and as many sites as you’d like.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Web-based editing, no desktop software needed
- Ability to add others to help manage the content on your website
- Built-in version control
- Built-in search
- Images and video embedding for a multi-media experience
- Built-in themes allow you to focus on the content, not design
- High availability, robust, and secure environment
- Only one site per CruzID (i.e. https://slugsites.ucsc.edu/yourcruzid)
- Limited to installed plugins
- Limited to installed themes
See UCSC Web policies for more information.